Ferndown Golf Club

The Courses

The 18-hole ‘Old Course’ was designed by Harold Hilton, the Open Champion in 1892 and 1897, indeed Mr Hilton is the only British Amateur golfer to win the British and US Amateurs in the same year, 1911. The fairways were cut through pine woods and heathland leaving most of the rough as heather – beautiful to look at , not easy to recover from!

 

The ‘Presidents course’ consisting of 9-holes was constructed in 1969 to compliment the ‘Old Course’ and was designed by Mr J Hamilton Stutt a founder member and past Chairman of the British Association of Golf Course Architects who had worked alongside Mackenzie Ross on such courses as Turnberry – Ailsa Course and St Mellion.

 

To complement the courses there is a full range of practice facilities including an open air driving range, pitching area, practice nets and practice putting green with bunkers. 





Created by intelligentgolf version 8.0.6
CONGU® is Copyright Council of National Golf Unions.